Sunday, January 17, 2010

Return to Cranford

I'm waiting for the second (and last) episode of Return to Cranford to start on PBS. I will be sorry to see it end. The stories are so charming, and the casting and acting so exactly fit my images of the characters. I have read the book and listened to the audio book version read by Nadia May.

Another wonderful Elizabeth Gaskell adaptation for television was Wives and Daughters. I wish PBS would show that again. (I think it was originally on PBS, although I might be wrong about that.)

3 comments:

  1. Are you watching the series with Judi Dench as Miss Matty? I think it is a beautiful adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did watch both Cranford (which I had seen before) and Return to Cranford. It was absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes, it was the series with Judi Dench. Didn't she make a wonderful Miss Matty?

    ReplyDelete