Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Browsing - and a List of Titles

Tonight I have been browsing at books.google.com using as my point of departure old issuses of Publisher's Weekly and American Literary Gazette from the early 1870s. When I saw a title that sounded promising, I would look to see if it was available at Google Books, and if it was, I put it on my list. Here is what caught my eye tonight.

The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester
The Valiants of Virginia by Hallie Erminie Rives
What Can She Do? by Rev. E. P. Roe
Woven of Many Threads by Cecilia Viets Jamison
The Holcombes: A Story of Virginia Home-Life by Mary Tucker Magill
Newlyn House: The Home of the Davenports by A.E.W.
The Curate and the Rector by Elizabeth Strutt
The Pink and White Tyranny by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Old Margaret by Henry Kingsley

I am ever on the lookout for novels set in Virginia and, as can be seen, there are two on the above list. Of course I have no idea at this point whether I will enjoy reading any of the above, but it is great fun to browse and acquire books when there is no cost involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment